Sustainable driving tips for Earth Day 2022
How can I drive to save fuel and money?
All drivers want to save money on fuel. If you drive smartly, you can get the most out of your car. Scroll down to learn more about sustainable driving with us. You can find fuel-efficient vehicles here at Aristocrat Motors Lee’s Summit in Lee’s Summit, MO.
Five tips for saving money on fuel when you drive
This Earth Day, you don’t need to ride your bike to work. Instead, lower your carbon footprint by driving well. Use these five tips to change your habits and save on fuel.
- Give yourself plenty of time to slow down. Stop braking at the last minute when you approach a light or stop sign. Instead, let off the gas at a distance and drift to a stop. Of course, you’ll still need to use some braking power, but less is more when it comes to saving fuel.
- Accelerate less quickly. Instead of stepping on the gas pedal, ease your car to the speed limit. Quick accelerations and stops tend to waste fuel.
- Take a different route for your most common commutes. For example, if you drive daily to work or the store, try taking a side street. The goal is to find a new route with fewer stop signs and stoplights or less traffic. The stop-and-go traffic in a city tends to be worse for your car’s fuel economy.
- Pay attention to road and weather conditions. If you have the choice, drive when it’s nice out and on paved, smooth roads. Friction from bad roads and snow, and inefficient driving due to weather are two ways that your car can lose fuel efficiency.
- Make use of any fuel-saving features on your car. Many people don’t use their car’s Eco drive mode, don’t switch to all-electric power when they can, and generally aren’t aware of all the features that automakers design to help you save fuel, such as engine start/stop.